COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION Equus may collect certain information from you directly, such as when you send a direct mail inquiry or online registration, participate in seminars or webinars or contact us through the Website. Information that we may collect includes individual names, telephone numbers, email addresses, company name, job title, and other personally identifiable information. Equus also collects certain information automatically from visitors to the Website, including theIP address, time visited, pages viewed, and related information.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so or where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process personal information about you, or may need to process personal information in order to exercise, establish, or defend legal claims.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Equus may use information we obtain about you for purposes including, without limitation:
- Requesting a demonstration;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Respond to your questions and comments;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Website;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims,and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce Equus’ Customer Agreementswith you;
- Comply with applicablelegal requirementsand industry standards.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To service providers as set forth in the section “Use of Information by Third Parties that are Agents of Equus,” below;
- To enforce or apply our Customer Agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Equus, users of the Website, or others; and
- With your consent.
Equus will use reasonable methods to secure all personal information by a variety of methods, including restricting access to such information only to those people who have a legitimate need to know in order to discharge their job responsibilities on be half of Equus, securing access to the facility where the information is stored, and the use of technology and physical controls to secure the information. Equus is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We will retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
USE OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE AGENTS OF EQUUS
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Review, correct, and delete your personal information: If you would at any time like to review, correct or delete the personal information that we hold about you, you can contact us using the contact information provided. Upon your request to terminate your account or delete your personal information, we will delete your personal information from our active databases. Please note that some personal information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Customer Agreements with you and/or comply with legal requirements.
- Opt-Out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service related emails that are necessary your use of our services. To otherwise opt-out, you may contact us using the contact information provided below.
- Revoke consent: Where we process your personal information on the basis that you have consented to such processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing or contacting us.
- Object to processing: You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact information provided
- Additional rights: In addition to the above, you may also ask us to stop or restrict processing of the personal information we have about you. You may also ask us to transfer your personal information to a third party in certain circumstances. If you would like any other information on these aspects of your rights, please contact us.
DO NOT TRACK FEATURES
ENFORCEMENT AND COMPLIANCE
Equus’ services are not directed to, and Equus does not knowingly solicit personal information from, minors under the age of 16. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questions or comments about this policy, or concerns or complaints about possible violations, should be sent to: Equus Software HQ, 1809 Blake Street, Suite 200, Denver, CO 80202, (303) 292-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding Equus’ compliance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, you may contact us through the above information reach out directly to our London office, which serves as our representative in the European Union:
1 Norton Folgate, 3rd Floor
London E1 6DB
Attn: Tyler Reynolds